• Circa: 1980
• Provenance: England, United Kingdom
• Built in the style of the Tudor period (circa 1500 – 1530)
• Fits a standard UK super king size mattress (6ft wide x 6ft 6” long)
• External dimensions: 7ft 4⅛” Wide x 7ft 3¾” Long
• Wood: Solid oak
• Colour: Medium nut-brown oak
• Full tester roof
• Inset roof panels
• Gadroon carvings (of varying type) to canopy, headboard & posts
• Moulded dentil carvings to canopy
• Arabesque carvings to canopy, headboard & posts
• Ribbed carved panels to headboard
• Floral carved corbels to headboard
• Floral carved panels to headboard
• Chip-and-dot carvings to headboard & posts
• Scroll carved ‘ears’ to headboard
• Palmette carved panels to headboard
• Scale & foliate carvings to posts
• Figurehead carvings to headboard
• Moulded plinth footboard feet
• Exceptional workmanship & quality
• Very strong & sturdy construction
• Sprung divan base included
• Dismantles into sections for easy access & transportation
• Free delivery to England, Wales & southern Scotland*
• 14 days free UK returns policy
Here is a stunning quality English reproduction of a Tudor style solid carved oak super king size (6ft wide) full tester bed, circa 1980, showing exceptional quality and craftsmanship, in excellent condition. Handmade in England, this superb quality bed is finished in a medium nut-brown oak colour, having been handmade from oak. The bed is in the style of the English Tudor period, which dates from between 1500 to 1530. This bed shows exceptional craftsmanship, including profuse carvings to the canopy, headboard & posts. All panels are detachable for ease of transport, access into a house and assembly. This bed fits a standard UK super king mattress (6ft” wide x 6ft 6” long). The bed comes with a 6ft bed wide sprung divan base, which folds in two, for easy access into the bedroom – this can be seen in the photos.
The headboard can be dismantled into panels (if necessary) to allow easy access up narrow staircases or through doorways. The headboard is constructed of several carved panels, including ribbed, arabesque, chip-and-dot, gadroon and palmette carvings, as well as carved figureheads and scroll carved ears.
The bed boasts an inset panel full tester roof, with flower carved corbels. The roof also boasts a detailed carved canopy, which incorporates gadrooning, moulded dentil and arabesque carvings.
The posts at the foot of the bed also display prolific carvings, with scale carving to the top, above a combination of foliate, gadroon & chip-and-dot carvings, finishing at the bottom with further arabesque carving. The footboard posts terminate on moulded plinth feet. The footboard features moulded inset panels and is connected to the headboard via moulded side rails.
This bed is accentuated with style, romance and tradition. The impression created by this bed will without doubt be a memorable one as they are genuinely unique and recreate the ultimate in luxury of a bygone age.
This carved oak full tester bed is not to be confused with other four-poster beds of lesser quality in the market place today. This bed is handmade; with hand carved panels, unlike other machine carved beds. The design, build quality and superstructure (thickness of panels) are of superior and exceptional quality. It is an extremely heavy bed!
This bed is in excellent condition. It is an extremely well-constructed, heavy, solid and very stable bed. There are no veneers on this bed, either; it is made completely of solid oak. There is also no damage to the bed. The bed boasts exquisite carvings, un-paralleled in terms of detail, intricacy and quality. The polish is also in excellent condition. This carved oak Tudor style bed is of superior quality and construction, compared to other reproduction beds in the market place today. It is solid in joint and ready to use.
External Height = 239.7cm or 94⅜” or 7ft 10⅜”
External Width (Headboard ‘ears’) = 224cm or 88⅛” or 7ft 4⅛”
Footboard Width (Excluding ‘ears’) = 183.5cm or 72¼” or 6ft ¼”
External Length (Canopy) = 223cm or 75¾” or 7ft 3¾”
Footboard Height = 88.3cm or 34¾” or 2ft 10¾”
Side Rail Height (from floor to top of side rails) = 41.3cm or 16¼” or 1ft 4¼”
Side Rail Depth = 15.3cm or 6”
Mattress Width = 183cm or 72” or 6ft
Slat Width = 174.5cm or 68¾” or 5ft 8¾”
Mattress Length = 198.5cm or 78⅛” or 6ft 6⅛”
Divan Base Height = 18cm or 7”
Height from floor to top of divan base = 59.3cm or 23⅜” or 1ft 11⅜”
Height from floor to top of wooden slats (excluding divan base) = 41.3cm or 16¼” or 1ft 4¼”
Terms & Conditions:
Before you purchase this item, please ensure you have read and are in agreement with our Terms & Conditions of Sale. If you have any questions regarding our Terms & Conditions of Sale, please contact us to discuss them, before purchasing this item.